Wednesday, March 13, 2019

Can I lose 50 pounds by August?

Hi all,

I'm a new account and first time poster here. I tried to break it down by section to make it easier. I could really use your help and advice.

The History

I'm 4 years into my weight loss journey. I started out at 355 pounds and after moving across the country I lost 50 pounds due to lifestyle changes, minor diet changes (such as giving up soda completely), stress, and walking a lot more. After further tightening up the diet and going on some juice fasts I got down to 275 pounds about a year and a half ago, and due to injury, stress, and diet slippage I have crept back up to 303 as of writing this post. I am ready to lose this weight for good and embark on a new, permanent, healthy lifestyle.

The Specs

Male

32 years old

6 foot 2 inches

303 pounds (as of this post)

The Plan

I plan to lose this weight via diet and low-impact, aerobic exercise. This will take the form of mostly walking to and from the gym and work everyday (about 3.6 miles per day total), lap swimming, and yoga.

The Goal

I would ultimately like to get down to 175 pounds (a total weight loss of 128 pounds from my starting weight), but for now I would like to lose 50 pounds by August which adds up to 2.5 pounds lost per week.

The Diet

Due to autoimmune disease, I have a very strict diet. I can't have any grains, dairy, nightshades, or added sugars (the occasional unadulterated honey or maple syrup is okay). I want to eat only non-night shade vegetables, fruits (including tropical fruits), and lean meats, poultry, and seafood. For snacks I have chosen Epic Bars, Paleo Power Balls, and Plaintain Chips. Beverage wise I drink kombucha, fresh-squeezed orange juice, water, and teas (both herbal and iced, lightly sweetened with honey).

The Needs

I would like to lose 50 pounds by August due to a potential long-haul international trip (20+ hours in the plane). I need a meal plan. I have a kitchen scale, lots of good glass dishware (Pop-It), a good, quality wok, a crock pot, good pots and pans, and lots of other kitchen goodies that should make this easier. I would like to keep meal prep as simple as possible, so if I can prepare ingredients quickly the night before and then throw them in the crock pot before I leave for work that would be awesome. I also need advice on apps that can help track activity, food intake, and my goals.

So what say you reddit? Are these goals realistic and obtainable? I've tried to embark on this journey many times before and have failed repeatedly due to injury, loss of motivation, over-exertion, and not sticking to a strict diet. I think I'm ready to tackle this for good. I appreciate your support, advice, and help in advance, and again I'm new here so if I broke a rule I apologize in advance.

Thank you very much.

submitted by /u/cmanlosesit
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2CiOuKi

No comments:

Post a Comment