Saturday, March 2, 2019

NSV: Colleague complimenting weight loss reminds me that hard work pays off

Yesterday when I finished my work and was cleaning up before leaving, one of my colleagues said to me: "You going to the gym seems to be working out pretty well!" I was pretty surprised and didn't really know what to say, so I just said thanks, when another colleague that was sitting next to her, chimed in. We started talking about it a bit and they both repeated that they had noticed my weight loss.

To top it off, I tried out some of my old, but unworn jeans. Right now, I can't imagine ever not fitting into them. They are even a size too large for me now. (Most of them W42).

It's hard to notice your own weight loss at times, but compliments like this make me realise that my hard work is paying off. Sometimes I have to drag myself off the couch to go to the gym, but it will be worth it. As an economist, I made an analogy to investing into a project. You should always invest in a project that has a positive Net Present Value (NPV). For weight loss you need to make an initial (negative) investment. But in the future you will receive returns far exceeding your initial investment. Therefore, from an economist's perspective, weight loss is always worth investing in. :)

submitted by /u/zaheer12a
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2INFxhI

No comments:

Post a Comment