Tuesday, March 19, 2019

NSV: Got snark for my weight

Long time lurker here, first time poster.

After I'd browsed around this sub a while, I realized that, for being t3 obese, I'd never really gotten many comments about my weight. While I'd like to attribute it to my natural charm (/s), I had the feeling it was the magical power of being socially invisible.

250lbs was the magic milestone for me until one-derland: it put me into t1 obesity from t3, and it was also a nice, pleasant number, a halfway point. I promised myself I'd get back into a job that had me on my feet (spoiler: I did, and the crippling foot/back pain is already a distant memory, which is worth an NSV of its own), but I also posited it'd be the weight I started becoming "visible" again.

Cue today. CW: 245 lbs. I work at a bakery, and was catching up on cookie baking. A coworker who other coworkers describe as a, ah, female dog has been picking at me from a number of angles for ways to get under my skin. She asked in THAT tone:

"You eating all of those yourself?"

I'm not gonna lie, it still stings a bit despite the chipper "haha I wish" I gave her. But that's what I'm here for. I decided months ago that when the comments came, they'd be a reason to celebrate how far I've come on this weight loss journey.

65 lbs down and 75 lbs to go, r/loseit. I can't wait to see her eat her words in another year.

submitted by /u/kittywiggles
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2TemLjr

No comments:

Post a Comment