Monday, May 6, 2019

Chewing Gum - Miracle Diet Helper (But at what cost?)

So - I'm down 15-20lbs depending on the day and what my scale feels like (water weight is a bitch?), and I attribute a lot of my success so far to chewing gum between meals to curb my appetite and keep me from snacking unnecessarily. It's worked like a charm!!

Unfortunately it's proven not to be worth the payoff, and is now contributing to my weight loss in a new, more painful way; LOCKJAW!

Fun fact - Chewing too much gum can cause a muscle spasm in your jaw, preventing you from being able to fully open your mouth, and hurting like a bitch when you try to chew or bite into anything. So now I am on some fun medications (muscle relaxers, stronger pain relievers..), and am on a soft/liquid diet until my jaw releases and I can eat normally again. And I've basically been banned for life from chewing gum again.

Wanted to share as a cautionary tale to anybody else who is using it to get between meals while dieting. Maybe try adding some hard candies or something into the mix and cutting back on the chewing gum so you don't end up like me!

submitted by /u/StageMeowMix
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2Y89ATZ

No comments:

Post a Comment