Wednesday, September 18, 2019

Can you ignore hunger?

My husband and I are losing weight at the same time, but both going about it differently. He eats a Kind bar for breakfast, a bag of small bell peppers and toast for lunch and then doesn't eat anything until dinner time, and his dinners tend to be small. He's losing weight a lot faster than me, but I already know I cannot do what he's doing.

I asked him if he's hungry all the time. He says he can feel hunger in the late afternoon, but he just ignores it. He drinks unsweetened tea instead. And you'd never tell the difference with him. If I'm hungry, I'm a royal bitch to be around. And I don't feel just a slight hunger either, I'm starving. I am completely nonfunctional until I get something in my stomach.

The past couple days I'm trying something different, which I guess is intermittent fasting. After I eat a sensible dinner in the evening, I stop eating at about 7:30 pm. Used to be I was starving at this point, which I think was misidentified cravings. I used a distraction (played video games) for the past few weeks to ignore the cravings. The past couple of days, I've not been playing video games and realized I'm not starving, but I am hungry. And I ignored it.

I thought I'd wake up in the middle of the night or in the morning feeling absolute starvation, but I woke up not feeling hungry at all beyond having my morning cup of coffee.

I'm wondering if this is a stage of weight loss that everyone has to learn. That there will be times when you are hungry, but you choose to ignore it until your designated time and with your designated meal. It kinda sucks, but I've finally reached the point in my life will I'll take a little suckitude to get to the weight I want.

submitted by /u/pacifien
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2ArYKhJ

No comments:

Post a Comment