Tuesday, September 3, 2019

NSV: Mom noticed my weight loss

I love my mom, and she knows how I've struggled with my weight, but doesn't comment on it unless I mention it. She definitely follows her own mom in baking a lot of food/treats for her kids and grandkids while never eating much herself.

I was at my heaviest at 267 at 5'9" earlier this summer but managed to lose about 30 lbs through CICO using my FitBit and MyFitnessPal, exercise about 5 days per week (doing P90 and occasionally riding bike), and being in the LoseIt challenge (currently at 234 lbs, shout-out to Cassiopeia!). I also really love diet soda and have used it to suppress my appetite, though not to replace any meals, and to use it as a snack (Diet Dr. Pepper and Coke Zero mostly). Also keeping my alcohol drinking to a minimum.

I visited her recently and she said pretty nonchalantly "I can tell you lost weight." Told her that I want to lose even more, and she said "Do it! Keep it up." She proceeded to tell me about her own weight and how she wanted to lose (she's in normal BMI range but 5'2" and somewhat self-conscious about her weight). She ended by saying we could exercise together (we live in the same city) and I thought we totally should.

Anyway, totally low-key conversation but I was super happy to get recognition of my weight loss so far. Good luck, all!

submitted by /u/LumpySpacePrince88
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2ZI6I0p

No comments:

Post a Comment