Friday, September 20, 2019

Plateau- 40lbs lost, how do I get back in deficit?

I started with the usual New Year’s resolution to lose weight. I actually did it this year. From January to May, I lost around 35 pounds. It was going great, I was losing between 5 & 10 pounds per month. Then it slowed down. Since May, I’ve lost only 5 more pounds. I’ve done research and I think I’m no longer in a calorie deficit. In January when I started, I set up a MyFitnessPal account and it told me I should eat 1200 calories to get to my first goal (230 lbs to 200 pounds). I did that with no problem. When I got to 195 pounds, I started having trouble getting pounds off. I’m 190 now and have been that (plus or minus 2 pounds) for a while. I don’t know how to get back in caloric deficit. I know I definitely can’t eat less than 1200 calories. I haven’t been as strict since the weight loss slowed down, I’m usually between 1400 & 1600 calories, which is still caloric deficit for my height and weight. I just don’t know what to do. I don’t really have a goal weight, I just wanna be at a point where I’m happy with the way I look. I think 150ish is what I’m aiming for but it just depends how I look when I get to that weight. I forgot to mention, I’ve lost all 40 pounds solely on counting calories. I don’t work out, I occasionally play tennis with my dad when our schedules allow it. Can anyone help me or give me tips to get back in a caloric deficit? I am a 5’2.5”, 20-year-old female. Thanks for any help :-)

submitted by /u/-this-name-is-taken-
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/308LrlI

No comments:

Post a Comment