Sunday, May 10, 2020

It’s just so hard right now

I’m a 38 year old software developer, and mother of 3 young kids. I’ve struggled with my weight all my adult life. I’ve successfully lost plenty of weight over the years with CICO. I am not new to weight loss and lifestyle changes, healthy habits, etc. I struggle with emotional/stress eating. I’ve been in therapy for 6 years, my depression and anxiety are (were?) mostly well controlled. I know exactly what I need to do.

But I’m doing the opposite. My husband and I are lucky to still both have our jobs, and they are both jobs that we can do from home. But do you know how stressful it is to try and get any work done with 3 little kids at home? We’re drowning in work, schoolwork, parenting, housework...we’re exhausted, overwhelmed, and it feels like this will never end.

I buy healthy foods, but I don’t have the time or energy to cook them right now. Ingredients sit in the fridge until they spoil. I’m eating chocolate lucky charms and ramen for lunch half the time. I want comfort food, I want convenience food, I want fast and easy. Plus 2/3 of the kids are crazy picky and I don’t have the energy for constant food battles on top of everything right now. So much pizza and chicken nuggets.

Oh yeah and let’s not forget the huge increase in alcohol consumption right now. I’m only 5’3” so any amount of ‘letting myself go’ results in rapid weight gain. I haven’t been in the scale in over a week but I’m up at least 15lbs since March. If I can find any motivation to not eat like garbage it only lasts a day or two before the reality of life just beats me over the head so much that I give in and eat a half a bag of chips alongside 3 beers after the kids are finally in bed.

Guess I’m just looking for other parents of littles who might be in similar situations right now. This weight loss thing is hard for -everyone- especially during the pandemic. But it seems like so many people have MORE free time on their hands right now, whereas I have significantly less than I used to, and that makes it hard to put any time or energy into healthy eating. I feel stuck.

submitted by /u/femalien
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3fvR6q5

No comments:

Post a Comment