Thursday, March 18, 2021

New to exercise

F, 33, 5'7, SW:168, CW:144, GW: 134

I started my weight loss journey in May 2020 and have lost 24 pounds (yay!). I just started exercising regularly about 6 weeks ago and am struggling to understand how my body's changes translate into what the scales are saying.

I feel and look slimmer since I started working out and am sticking to my routine of intermittent fasting and CICO but the scales will not and have not budged below 144 pounds since the beginning of February, since I started exercising.

The exercise I'm doing is strength and cardio using Apple Fitness+ (would highly recommend to anyone not keen on gyms!) and while I know I should factor in certain things like muscle mass and water retention, I feel like 6 weeks should be enough time for me to now start seeing a drop in weight on the scales.

I'm not going to let it put me off, I'm determined to reach my goal weight but I'm curious if anyone else has any experience of the same thing? Am I being too impatient? Or underestimating just how much muscle can weigh?

submitted by /u/peppercheeto
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3qWjWUP

No comments:

Post a Comment