Wednesday, October 3, 2018

[SV] Finally broke the 180 pound barrier and it's all downhill from here!

So three-ish years ago I lost about 31 pounds in around a year and then I kind of stagnated and floated anywhere from 180 - 200 pounds until well three months ago, on a whim I decided that I wanted to spend some time with my nephew and seeing as my brother-in-law already had plans to take him rock climbing at a local gym that day. Like, hey. Perfect. Two birds, one stone. I'll get to spend some time with my nephew and I've got plans for a couple hours in the evening. We got to the climbing gym and as I climbed(easy stuff, v0's and you know a couple v1's) I thought to myself 'well then this is fun, and hard as hell'.

But I was interested, because even though it was hard it was fun. Really fun.I mean, it being fun wasn't the only thing though. Everyone there was built in the exact same way, for the most part. That is to say, semi-ripped arms, washboard abs that kind of thing. I thought, man I'd like to look like, that. And the journey began. I signed up for a membership at the gym(hardly the first time I've done that though. Unsuccessful at getting in shape at two prior gyms.) But this time felt different. So I started climbing. At first, once a week then towards the beginning of the second month I moved to twice a week. Then I threw yoga into the mix one to two days a week. I've lost about twenty pounds since this whole journey started ( I was back up around two hundred at the start of this whole thing) It really feels like I've made a proper lifestyle change and this is a track I shall not be knocked off from. I've improved a fair bit at climbing(now climb v3) and want to be climbing v5-6 by the new year. What i would so to those looking to loose weight and the key difference between this time and every other time I've tried. Is that the weight loss alone wasn't motivation enough . Like, looking better and being healthier just didn't keep me interested . But climbing has the component I was missing. A challenge, something to use all that new found fitness for,and to progress in. So my suggestion. Find a sport and just get as good as you can at it.

Might I suggest climbing?

submitted by /u/Whereismytardis
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2zPTSU2

No comments:

Post a Comment