Thursday, February 21, 2019

Unexpected compliment (?) which lifted me out of the dumps

I (24F) had been feeling a bit down for the past few days. Although I am well within my goal weight range at present (I’m 5’1 and when I started my fitness journey a year ago, I weighed 61 kgs. I now weigh 53.5, whereas my goal weight was 55), the fact that my abs seem to stubbornly REFUSE to pop their head out from underneath a small mound of fat had been demoralising me. I was also falling into the trap of thinking that my body wasn’t really externally reflecting the loss in weight while longingly looking at pictures of all the people who’ve had drastic changes in appearance following their weight loss (I know it’s an unhealthy way of thinking and I’m working on it).

However, yesterday something happened which made me feel really happy. I went to a store to buy a camisole, and after talking to the store attendant about the specific kind I was looking for, she handed me one to try out. And guess what? It was a size S!! Never in my life has anyone looked at me in a store and given me a size Small to try out. Depending upon the brand, it has always been either Medium or Large (I’m petite, but quite busty lol, which definitely makes shopping infinitely problematic).

It was the smallest thing and not even intended as a compliment, but boy did it make me feel good about myself. I know that the sizes on women’s brands can be really arbitrary, but I suppose that things are a bit more standard for lingerie and underwear. In any case, this is just to say that sometimes we are blinded to how far we’ve actually come, and small reminders like these can go a long way indeed. :)

submitted by /u/gananabot
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2tyi0ql

No comments:

Post a Comment