Saturday, March 23, 2019

Foregoing Old Habits

I have been trying to lose weight (and have seen a bit of success - about 20 pounds so far, need to lose ~60) since January. Recently I have really fallen off the wagon. I am a senior in college and live about an hour away from my family. My husband is away at military training this year so I find that it is beneficial for my mental health to go back home frequently to spend time with my family, but it has been extremely detrimental to my physical health. I immediately fall back into old habits when I stay with my parents. I was an athlete growing up, so eating poorly wasn’t a problem when I worked out 3 hours a day. It wasn’t until graduating high school that I put on weight when I no longer had sports to keep me in shape. When I am at my house, I only eat the healthy foods I have bought from the grocery store. At my parents house, there is only junk food and we go out to eat all the time. It’s incredibly difficult to maintain a healthy diet when I’m bombarded by unhealthy choices. My parents aren’t trying to sabotage me - they’re supportive of me trying to be healthier but they also don’t have any desire to change anything about their lifestyle (like buying healthier food, or fixing healthier meals) to help. Even their cat is obese. I have talked to them about this before and their only response is “well just don’t eat the bad stuff.” I’m not blaming them for my poor choices at their house (although it does bother me sometimes to see them living such unhealthy lives). I would just really like some advice on how to continue my weight loss success (or at least not reverse it) while still being able to go home and see my family. Does anyone else struggle to forego their old habits?

submitted by /u/chickabiddy
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2Wmsm9n

No comments:

Post a Comment