Friday, May 24, 2019

Close enough to sum it up (+pic and health plot twist)

My dearest Losers...yassss, I finally got this!

I've been quiet for a while because I went into maintance phase and was a bit scared I'm gonna fail right there, but today I am stable for whole month at almost my GW so I decided it's about time to sum up my first part of the journey. But first - the comparison picture of course:

Fatty/unfatty bossalova

Back to the story (gonna be ass long, I write as crazy person). The beginning was almost obvious (and very unglorious) - by the age of 25 I became a total couch potato, took sedentary job, bought a car so I never had to walk anywhere, never rly liked any sport, hated to cook, eated crap and binged on crap. I was always too sleepy, too tired and too depressed to do and/or enjoy anything.

I don't even know why I was so surprised to find myself one day ~26 lbs (12 kg) heavier then my high school weight which was 120 lbs / 55 kg (I looked and felt good in HS and maintained that weight for a long time after graduating).

This year, on February 4th my hatred towards my body/swollen face took control over my inability to move my ass. I tried to lean down to tie my shoe and it gave me pants pressure on my belly and breath shortness. I already was wearing EU 42 (US 12) jeans instead of my old EU 36 (US 6)...and those were getting too tight.

I said to myself "bossalova, there's no way in hell that you're going to buy bigger pair of jeans AGAIN!"

So cold turkey I changed everything:

  • divorced the elevator: every day at my mostly sedentary job I am moving from 1st to 4th floor several times. I was always using the elevator just because it was there, available. I don't even remember about that elevator existence today - I ALWAYS take the stairs (and always can't breathe after going up 3 floors);
  • bought myself a cute bottle and started to drink at least 2 L of water daily: I drank no water before, whatsoever. Maybe morning+evening cup of tea and that was all.
  • got rid of all the crappy food and ingredients: you can't eat what you don't have in your house. In case of binging attack? I'll binge on kale and rice waffles, yeah, bring that on;
  • started cooking and meal prepping (choosing healthy recipes and ingredients): every day I have three meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner) prepared by own hands and one meal provided by company - swedish buffet as second breakfast;
  • divorced 98% of breakfast buffet: that company breakfast mentioned above? Like 4 stars hotel (that we are). Just imagine all the treasures there. I eat only whole wheat sandwich + salad;
  • started counting calories: with an app, not religiously but that helped a ton to stay around my limit (TDEE <3);
  • started activity: 5 times a week * 40 minutes of swimming pool or stationary bike (bought for that very occasion) or outdoor biking if the weather allows.

Now, some numbers:

  • I'm F31, 5'55'';
  • I started on Feb 4th from 150 lbs (68 kg);
  • initially I set up my GW to 120 lbs (55 kg), but then I checked some pictures from my high school times and decided it's not the way I want to look as a grown version of me, adjusted my GW to 125-126 lbs (57 kg);
  • lost 21 lbs (9,5 kg) in 11 weeks, that gives us me weighing 129 lbs;
  • maintained 129 lbs (58,6 kg) for a month. It is my CW.

Why I stopped at 129 lbs / 58,6 kg? (another story inside my story)

Primo - because plateau is a thing and I've been expecting that sooner or later. So it arrived 4 lbs before reaching my GW and that's cool, I'll deal with that a bit later.

Secundo - the whole process was extremely hard for me from the physical side. Sure I had my 5 trainings per week but to my surprise, my duration/form/condition was not getting better. I wasn't getting stronger or smth. My last traning (yesterday) tired me just the same as the first. My breath is still so short, I'm weak, I sweat like a pig, it's a war - but I always win. I don't have physical strenght for it, I just push myself mentally.

Anyway, on May 2nd I had a health breakdown. My head started to ache terribly and it was aching for 2 weeks straight. My heart started to beat very low (pulse 48) and uneven. My constant fatigue and tiredness went skyrocket. My muscles and joints were sore, but I could feel it's not from activity. I was completely lacking energy so I lowered down activity from 5 to 3x per week, chose higher calorie intake (both things didn't help) and of course - went to the doctor.

Aaaand here's a plot twist (at least for me) - after wide examination of my heart and blood etc by few different doctors I ended up in endocrinologist office with some serious hypothyrodoism diagnose and very sincere congratulations from my new doctor about my weight loss which supposedly is not that easy for people with such diagnose. Geez, who knew? I didn't.

It clicked within a second in my head when my doc was asking about symptoms and I agreed to almost all of them. They were always there, I just assumed it was me who sucked at being alive. I wasn't just useless bag of bones for the last few years, I was freakin' cheated on by my thyroid gland which stole my energy and now I am being told that with right medication it doesn't have to look like that anymore? Gimme those drugs! I cried in that office because doc checked my old blood tests and told me I had bad blood results already back in 2015 and he is surprised I wasn't directed by my lab/family doctor for endo-consult waaaay earlier. Truly, I have no words for that part...

What's next?

Maintaince for a bit for thyroid treatment to kick-in and huge excitement of getting my energy back, we haven't seen each other since I was in my early 20's. And when the time will be right, maybe next week, maybe next month - I'm gonna lose those 4 lbs more (two on left hip, two on right hip, I can see you and I'm comming for you, hip fat!)

If anyone managed to went through this wall of text - thank you so much for reading, for this wonderful atmosphere on this subreddit and have a happy losing, everyone! And btw, if you feel like crap for days/weeks/months/years, don't assume it's just you, go check yourself, doesn't cost that much, you can win more!

With love,

B

TL;DR - Went from 150 to 129 lbs in 11 weeks by CICO, still want to lose 4 lbs but had health breakdown that turned out to be from hypothyrodoism that I didn't even knew I had. Happy to start a treatment and gain some energy to continue my journey.

submitted by /u/bossalova
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2Qo0Ia3

No comments:

Post a Comment