Friday, May 10, 2019

sv- Below 300 lbs for the first time in 13 years.

I checked into the dr for a hernia diagnosis in January this year weighing 348lbs. I've worked with keto a few times in the past, always getting discouraged when I hit a plateau, but decided to give it another shot. This time I added skipping breakfast, or as posted here, a 16:8 fast. Lost 30 lbs in the first month pretty quickly, then hit my first plateau. I decided to break the keto for a weekend, believing I'd read somewhere it was best to take every other weekend off. For the next month I fluctuated within 5lbs of that 30 lb weight loss. Still frustrated I worked up the courage to take a big step. Decided to give up the alcohol. I'd enjoy a spirit just about every night for the first couple months. Either straight whiskey, tequila with lime, or vodka with lime. When we went out to eat, vodka and lime was easy. I'd track 4oz in MFP, keep the calories below 2k, and the net carbs below 25. Ditching the alcohol seems to have made a huge difference for me. I've been losing 1-1.5 lbs almost daily. This morning I weighed 299.8. I couldn't remember the last time I'd seen less than 300 lbs on the scale, so I went to my Kaiser records and saw 298 on January 28, 2006.

I told my son we would celebrate this milestone with a sushi night out, but told him today I couldn't. I don't want to see that damn 3, in that hundreds place, ever again. He completely understands.

tl:dr- keto, 16:8 fast, no alcohol

submitted by /u/bnasheller
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2WDc8ZQ

No comments:

Post a Comment