Friday, September 4, 2020

SV: Lost 10 kgs!

Hey everyone. I'm 17 (M),5 ft 9. SW:90 kgs/198.4 lbs CW:78.7 kgs/173.6 lbs GW:70 kgs/154.3 lbs

It took me 4 months to get here,but I was finally able to reach my goal halfway. I was able to lose 11kgs/25 pounds.

It was hard, but what got me through it was this community. I haven't posted a lot here,but anytime I felt down or discouraged,I came here and saw many people working really hard. Just knowing that there's a community I can ask questions and share with, made me feel at ease.

I started my weight loss journey when I realized I had gained 10 kgs in a year. It didn't feel good. So,it meant a lot to me to get back to my weight from a year ago.

Now,I'll talk a little bit about how I got here. I had to change my eating habits first. I cut out rice and shifted to Indian bread (rotis). I couldn't do the diet always cuz I'm undergoing braces treatment as well,so I had to eat soft foods like rice and mashed potatoes for 2-3 days.I wasn't able to completely avoid sugar,especially because I made a dumb decision to start baking as a hobby. But, I still restricted my sugar intake as much as I could.

I also started intermittent fasting 2 months ago,but I'm just skipping breakfast and lengthening my fasting hours at night. I started drinking green tea as well.

I looked for low calorie alternatives for snacks. So far,I've only discovered Popcorn and Greek Yogurt. I occasionally have salad as well. I'm trying to eat healthier, but sometimes have a little bit of non healthy stuff like Coke.

Another thing that helped me lose weight was exercise. It really works. I sometimes had to stop working out cuz I get this small swelling in my lower back (tailbone). But besides that, I work out at least 5-6 days a week. I take a rest day once in 4 days,so that helps me to not slack off on exercise.

So,yeah. That's been my life since May. And I feel happier that I've taken control of my life,and that I'm really trying to get healthier.

Also,please leave tips that helped you,they might help me too. If you've gotten this far,thank you so much for reading! It means a lot to me.

Cheers!

submitted by /u/myloseit_alt
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3gTpqLa

No comments:

Post a Comment