Sunday, September 6, 2020

Sweet tooth tricks and other weight loss Judo (or in Internet Meme terms, Uno Reverse card it)

Judo is where you use your opponents power against them.

In this case your opponent is your evolutionary instinct to eat too much and as many calorie dense / sweet foods as you can get your hands on.

I realized there are many ways to use some of these instincts for our own good, for weight loss:

  1. “Use your sweet tooth for good”: obvious but: You don’t have to stop eating sweet stuff!! So many Artificial Sweeteners options in 2020 trick our bodies into thinking something has lots of sugar when it doesn’t
  2. You can put sweetener on so many things if you’re a true member of the Sweet Tooth club. Pickles, Turkey slices, Brussels Sprouts, Grits. Also goes well with both Salt AND Sweetener.
  3. Check out /r/volumeeating for lots of sweet goodness for low calories.
  4. “Use your instinct to finish an entire plate for good”: put a huge salad or sliced huge cucumber in front of you. If you finish it you’ll be full.
  5. “Use your laziness for good”: especially good to slow down late night snacking if you force yourself to track before eating, you might be too lazy to bother and then prefer to not snack. To make it require even more work, don’t log your dinner yet, and plan to log it if you eat more later. That way the first thing you snack on will require tracking your entire dinner first.
  6. “use the social/community part of your brain for good”: I’ve found that being active in /r/loseit helps me stay motivated and its almost like it allows me to see my own big picture of my weight loss which helps me make better decision on a day by day/meal by meal basis. Ive found a similar effect when I went to weekly Weight Watchers meetings 10 years ago, but not when I tried to diet without it. I attribute it to something basic in our brain that responds to “community support”. The funny thing is I think the part that helps the most is providing encouragement to others. I try to sort by “New” at least once a day and respond especially to posts woth no or low comments.

What are some other similar “weight loss judo” tips?

submitted by /u/wise_guy_
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/35cRdE4

No comments:

Post a Comment