Tuesday, December 1, 2020

Faced my fear of the doctor’s office!

Being obese since childhood has created a fear of doctor visits for the good part of my life. It served as an uncomfortable reality check to my poor health each visit, and still does. From being weighed in front of the MA, being told I could die if my habits didn’t change, my parent’s paranoia, etc.

With everything 2020 has thrown at me I decided there’s really nothing to lose if I make an appointment given the fact I haven’t seen my doctor in over 2 years. So I got up, made the visit, and got my blood work done along with the routine checkup. And to my surprise, the results were good! Somehow they’ve actually improved since my last visit, and this was the confidence boost I needed to jumpstart my weight loss journey.

Since then not only have I been consistent in living a healthier lifestyle, but I truly feel in control of my body. I told my self that no matter how bad the outcome was, it was still my choice to live a better life. And who would’ve thought that sometimes the inspiration we need in life are hidden right behind our very own fears.

submitted by /u/theboyteezy
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3qj543L

No comments:

Post a Comment