Friday, March 19, 2021

How do YOU keep motivated after weight loss slows down?

Weight loss: before and during https://imgur.com/gallery/7EMz5wN

HW: 470 lbs CW: 298 GW: 200

I've lost 170 lbs in the past year after going on a medically supervised diet followed by gastric sleeve surgery. I've have a consistent workout program, have been in weekly therapy to help understand and overcome my disordered eating behavior, and have stuck to my diet plan religiously. Literally and without hyperbole - every aspect of my life is better now.

In the past few weeks I've hit a plateau and tried to shake things up to overcome it but I'm just stalled. Now I'm finding myself wanting to backslide into old habits. My husband isn't on a diet as he doesn't need to be, so he has a lot of my old favorite foods laying around and the temptation is increasing with the slower my progress is. I don't want to go back to old habits, and I'm confident I can fight the temptation but the constant vigilance needed to stay on the good path is wearing me down this week.

What keeps you going when the weight loss journey is feeling like a chore instead of a gift?

submitted by /u/verdantcalliope
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3vBeNp3

No comments:

Post a Comment