Wednesday, July 14, 2021

After a year of maintainence: taking my first motorcycle lesson, and, finally feeling like I did it!

I’ve lost a lot of weight - at 5’6”/167cm I went from 127kg/280pounds to about 76kg/165pounds (between 75.X-77.X depending on the day).

For as long as I can remember, as a fat child who grew up to be an obese adult (and who also saw the motorcycle chase scene in the Matrix trilogy at a formative age!) I have wanted to ride a motorcycle.

In my wildest dreams of losing weight, I always thought I would get my motorcycle license as the ultimate gift for actually doing it. Well, I did it. I lost a lot of weight — more than I ever thought I would. And, I’ve kept it off for a year. So, it was time.

Even though people say it here all the time, I’ll say it again: losing weight doesn’t fix all of your problems. And, it doesn’t magically deposit the amount of money in your account that you’d need to buy a Ducati. But, though I can’t buy a Ducati today, I can pay to take a 2 hour trial lesson. Every big goal starts with small steps: from weight loss to motorcycles.

So, r/loseit, here I go. I’m sitting on the bus on the way to driving school, wearing a (borrowed!) motorcycle jacket that makes me feel like a total badass, and about to finally realize a childhood dream.

Keep it up, everyone. We got this!

Edit: here’s a link to my whole weight loss journey, if you want to read about it, from start to motorcycle-lesson finish!

submitted by /u/koopzegels
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3i9NDj1

No comments:

Post a Comment