Wednesday, July 14, 2021

How does weight regulate so that big one-off deficit/surplus days don't have a huge impact?

Just a bit confused and hoping someone can explain!

I understand that weight loss is all about CICO, and for every 3,500 calorie deficit, you lose a pound (approximately). So, why doesn't my weight really change when I have a one-off bit deficit or surplus day?

For example, let's say I'm eating at maintenance, then eat a surplus of 500 calories one day. Shouldn't my weight increase 1/7 (500/3,500) of a pound, and stay there as I continue to eat maintenance on other days? Same with deficits - if I work out a lot and have a 500 calorie deficit, shouldn't I lose 1/7 of a pound and keep the loss with the maintenance?

I know there's water weight and many other factors that go into weight, but seems to me like overall, those big deficit/surplus days don't really have an impact.

submitted by /u/misskatykat
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3xSqaK1

No comments:

Post a Comment