Wednesday, July 14, 2021

Lost 50lbs, and my blood work is the best it's ever been. 40 years old.

Need another reason to keep pushing? How about improved vitals?

I think most of us get caught up mainly on weight and aesthetics goals, but I wanted to share another benefit of improving your diet beyond the weight loss benefits, and that's improved overall health and vitals.

In the last year, with only minor adjustments to my diet and macros, my triglycerides dropped by 50+%, and I had small but meaningful drops in blood pressure, glucose, and cholesterol.

I refuse to get type 2 diabetes which is preventable, and getting my yearly blood work back has help verify that I am doing the right things for overall health, with weight loss and improved looks just being one of them.

The numbers:

Total Cholesterol: 163 (176 last year)

Triglycerides: 100 (was over 300 two years ago, 234 last year)

HDL is up to 40 (was low 30s)

LDL is down to 97 (was 106 last year)

Glucose is 95 ( was always 100+)

Keep pushing and making improvements.

submitted by /u/ChattanoogaMocsFan
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2VC1yql

No comments:

Post a Comment