Saturday, February 2, 2019

Finally - changes after 4 years of failed attempts.

Long long long time lurker, first time poster.

I just wanted to share my achievement somewhere, because this is a huge deal for me. I've never been overweight but I've always struggled with my body and wanted to lose like 10 lbs. Instead, after years of learning about calories/nutrition/exercise and falling in love with it, I would sabotage myself with uncontrollable binge episodes and even binge weeks. I have to admit that depression/anxiety didn't help my chaotic eating. It's very demotivating to be working on one single goal for so long and instead of losing the weight you stray further from the goal. I gained 10lbs instead of losing them.

Since February I decided to seriously implement everything I learned and collect all motivation to for once, not screw myself over.

I weighed in at 147.8 lbs on February 7th. Today I dared to step on the scale and .. 142.8.

I lost 5lbs!!!

For the first time, a consistent weight loss, and I can feel it! I've been sort of consistent in the first month, I had two slip ups around my monthly cycle, but instead of letting myself slide back down I decided to bounce back and do better.

This subreddit has helped me break the cycle of going one step forward and two steps back.

What changed for me mostly was a daily routine and intermittened fasting 16:8 (since most of my overeating happened after dinner.) Exercise has never been an issue, I love the gym and cycling and walking, so not much changed there except for just moving my body every day and not letting myself get lazy.

15lbs to go, but I'm not dreading it, it feels easy now.

Sorry for the long post rant, I'm just so happy and thankful and I feel empowered.

TL;DR Managed to break through a 4year struggle of being unable to lose a single pound without gaining it back that same week. I'm so motivated to continue, and thankful for the comradery of this subreddit. <3

submitted by /u/Senera
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2DRA30M

No comments:

Post a Comment