Sunday, February 3, 2019

Where did you come from, where are you at, and where are you going?

I want to know about everyone's journey thus far, and things they have learned along the way. I also want to know what you see for your future.

Me: 32/f/5'3"/163 lbs

Where I came from:. 230 awful pounds in May 2018. Basic aerobic exercises were getting tough. Feet hurt after a day of shopping. Shoes were starting to get hard to tie.

I felt like I was just waiting around for the day I would need a seatbelt extender on a plane, or when labs would show me as pre-diabetic or worse.

I spent a lot of time in the contemplation stage of change, because I wanted to do setting I could stick with in the long term, rather than crashing and burning. Settled on CICO with a 1500 net calorie goal and a pledge to start walking for 30 mins 3 days a week.

Where I am now:. 163 lbs as of my January 15 preoperative weigh in. I am 3/4 of the way to my goal weight of 140, which would be a 90 pound weight loss. I recently had ankle surgery so it is not really logical to weigh myself at the moment. My activity is obviously less than ideal because I can't walk, but I have been making some arm gains by crutching myself around.

One thing I am blown away by is just how disciplined I am now. I have been in a 1200-1400 range since about month 3 of my weight loss journey. I am allowing myself up to maintenance right now because you need a little more post op, but my body is really used to that range and it is hard to get up there. I also used to be a compulsive snacker, especially while watching TV. I haven't done that. The idea of sitting around snacking all day just isn't an option for me, it is so out of the realm of what I am doing.

Where I am going: Before surgery, I was walking 1-2 hours 5-7 days a week. I had regular Fitbit challenges with my sister and some friends that I routinely crushed. I also mixed in hiking and Zumba classes. My first post op goal is to work my way back up to that level of activity.

I also get a free gym membership this year. I have been walking on lunch breaks, but my work is by some busy streets so it isn't exactly peaceful. I am going to go during my hour lunch break and try a few things. They have 40 minute cycling classes, or I might hit the treadmill or start weight training.

I still have about 25 lbs to lose but I really want to focus on starting to get things toned up in this final stretch. I have never seriously done weight training so I might hire a personal trainer for a few months to get me started. I am so inspired by the super strong women on the health and fitness subs I follow, and I would love to start my next stage of transformation.

I know I will need to log calories for most of my life to stay on track. I just need that level of accountability. It's part of my lifestyle change. When I get within about 10 pounds of my goal weight, I am going to start slowly increasing calories to maintenance, and will probably weigh myself religiously until I find a range that I am comfortable with.

submitted by /u/whytheaverage
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2t49sr1

No comments:

Post a Comment