Sunday, February 3, 2019

Working with a doctor makes the difference for me

Hello fellow losers (is that right?). I'm 50 and know I've been overweight for my frame for at least 10 years. I've done low carb and tried to be disciplined in the past but would always bubble back up to a bad weight.

What changed for me? I got an excuse to lose weight: by sheer luck I got cast in a movie (entirely different story) and they need me to lose 20 pounds in a short amount of time. I told the movie folks that I was willing but would need help. That's when I got introduced to a weight loss MD.

Working with a physician has made a tremendous difference. To be sure, no one should lose weight as quickly as I need to without doctor supervision. I have to measure BMI, weight and blood pressure daily (thank goodness for Apple health app -- makes logging very easy). I have to drink TONS of water. I'm at 1100 calories a day and doing 60 min cardio daily. And for the first time in my life, my weight loss graph is consistently going down. I started January at 188.6 lbs. This morning I weighed in at 175.8. That's a weight I haven't seen in 9 years.

I've never been as disciplined in my life as I am now and I think this actually might save my life as long as one I hit target weight I'm able to reintroduce foods and stay active. Right now I'm able to do 60 min on the elliptical sustaining 139 bpm without a break -- also crazy for me.

I'm grateful I've been able to discover discipline and consistency. I've 30 days to hit target weight and I'm pretty sure I can make it.

submitted by /u/figarojew
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2GqQfbd

No comments:

Post a Comment