Thursday, March 7, 2019

Can too much protein inhibit weight loss?

For the past 5 weeks or so I have been sticking to a lazy Keto diet and am down 12 pounds. I say “lazy” because I don’t track on the weekends and allow myself to have carbs and sugar. I’m not too concerned with staying in ketosis, more so with the low-carb aspect.

The first two and a half weeks is when I dropped the 12 pounds (water weight) but now it seems the scale is stalling. Throughout the week I stick to my recommended 1300 calories/day and keep my carbs at 20g or lower. My fats rarely, if ever, hit my recommended macro so I’m not overeating there, but my protein is always about 20-30g over what is recommended. Could it be possible that eating too much (vegetarian) protein is inhibiting my weight loss?

I’ve always thought that it doesn’t really matter what you eat, if your calories are under maintenance then you’ll lose weight. I’ve recalculated my calories and macros on a few different calculators with my new weight but it always comes up the same, so I don’t think I’ve lost enough yet for my calories to be affecting a plateau.

submitted by /u/PenisFly_trap
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2UrqKub

No comments:

Post a Comment