Tuesday, March 5, 2019

Counselor recommended Wellbutrin. I’m conflicted.

Long story short: morbidly obese, have some mental health issues related to food. I quit smoking 5 years ago with help of Wellbutrin, but have gained weight since then, with fortnight-long bouts of mixed success re: weight loss (only to have it come right back and then some). Started seeing a counselor about what I can only call a food addiction (I’ve been to OA and all meetings are during business hours). I saw this counselor years before and she is aware of my health history and quitting smoking.

This counselor recommended I talk to my doctor about being subscribed Wellbutrin for some support in what is the beginning stage of a very serious effort of weight loss and healthier food choices.

Has anyone had Wellbutrin prescribed to them related to or for weight loss? I’m skeptical but I am not sure why. Seems like some sort of admission of failure....

EDIT: minor typo that drove me nuts.

submitted by /u/thecondorsleeps
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2UkKVdf

No comments:

Post a Comment