Tuesday, March 12, 2019

Cutting out nightly alcohol consumption is definitely going to help with weight loss, right?

(I know that might be a dumb question.)

So, I am a 26 year old male and have been drinking beer very heavily for the past 4-6 years. Two days ago, I moved into a new space that isn't nearly as much of a drinking environment as previous places I've lived. So I wanted to take the opportunity to try to get sober.

It's probably a bad source of motivation, but one of the first things I thought of when I decided to try to stop drinking (at least on a nightly basis) is that I would probably lose weight.

I am currently 230 lbs at 5'10. The last time I drank was the night before I moved in (three days ago). Trying to get in as much as I could before I moved, the few nights before, I drank 14-15 Miller Lites (16 oz.). At a 128 calories a piece, that's 1792-1920 calories per night. Most nights before that it would be like 8-9 (1024-1152 cal.).

About an hour ago, I did a calorie count for today and I only consumed about 1200 calories. Besides the beer, I feel like that's somewhat common (1200-1600ish cal. a day), if I'm not going out with the girlfriend or something.

Other than that, I'm not very active, not very strict on what I eat, and never seriously tried diet or exercise.

Any feedback or advice would be helpful. I almost went out to get a 12-pack, but writing this kind of distracted me from going.

submitted by /u/Yogi_Bare
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2Uy5Tpb

No comments:

Post a Comment