Saturday, March 23, 2019

Finally below 230 again!

I'm retired Army. I was never as big as I was when I moved to this new city, at 251. A combination of depression meds and an undiagnosed hormonal condition was sending my weight slowly upward and I was at a breaking point. Imagine one time casually climbing a bombed out palace for fun and now having fat rolls. Sad times.

When I moved I decided to make weight loss a priority. I found an exercise program I like that can work around my disabilities and have been going 3x a week (started at 2, working up to 4). My new doctor spotted the hormonal issue and I'm on meds to address it.

I struggled with meal prep for a long time, but when the first five pounds came off it was so motivating. I felt like if I could lose a little without diet change, maybe I could lose way more with some tweaks.

A couple weeks of meal prepping down just for lunch and I am down to 226. I am iffy about the slightly droopy skin right now but know it will tone up as I keep losing. I feel really psyched up... like, if I can lose the same amount I've lost, I'll be under 200 again! I'm getting my fit Army body back (well, some of it)! The next move is to do fruit or egg white breakfast at least half the week.

This small success is really motivating me and I wanted to share. Reading the stories here really helps. You're all real people putting in the work. Thanks for helping me do the same.

submitted by /u/deadlyhausfrau
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2Om1JOW

No comments:

Post a Comment