Tuesday, September 10, 2019

(Advice Needed) I'm a bridesmaid in a March wedding and I'm debating on what size dress to buy.

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this. I considered posting in r/weddingplanning but this is more of a weight loss question than a wedding question.

My best friend and old college roommate is getting married in March 2020 and I'm a bridesmaid. I'm thrilled for her and I'm honored to be in her wedding. She sent the bridesmaids a link to the dress she wants us to get (through David's Bridal) and I'm concerned about the size I should get.

Obviously I'm going to go to a David's Bridal store and try it on first, but I've lost 54 pounds since March 2019 and I know as I continue to lose weight I'll be dropping dress sizes pretty quickly. I'm holding off on buying the dress until the deadline that she's given us so I can get the most accurate size for my body at that moment (I have to buy a dress no later than October 31st).

I'm at a deficit of -750 to -1000 and I lose about 1.5 to 2 pounds per week. I do moderate exercise in the form of Couch to 10k and I've been building some muscle which is exciting!

I've never lost this much weight before (yay!) so I have no idea what my approximate size would be when I'm between 210-220 pounds which is the weight I am aiming to be at by this March. Has anyone been in a similar situation? I'm concerned that if I buy a dress now, I'll either spend a fortune in alteration fees (which I can deal with I guess) or I'll be stuck with a dress that I can't wear.

Am I putting the proverbial cart before the horse? What do you guys think?

Edit: In case it matters, here's my stats. 27F SW: 306 CW 251 GW 200 to start and adjust after that

submitted by /u/leobeo13
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2ZRNl9u

No comments:

Post a Comment