Wednesday, September 11, 2019

Am I getting enough exercise?

Sorry if this is the wrong sub to ask this, but I wasn’t sure where else to ask.

So I’m a 19F college student trying to lose weight. I have somewhere around 100 to lose and have been making progress over the last couple weeks. It’s a lot easier since I have a kitchen this year! No more relying on dining hall and microwave food.

I’m worried that I’m not getting enough exercise. I know that it’s not necessary for weight loss, but I really hate being inactive. I want to do more cardio, but I’ve exhausted myself the last couple times I went to the gym. I had to cut my last session ten minutes short (total of 20 mins) since I just didn’t think I could go on. I was on the elliptical and had it set at the most basic settings for resistance and incline, and I still struggled. I wasn’t going too fast either.

But as a college student, I’m not completely sedentary. I walk to/from classes four days a week, which can add up to about 30-40 mins of walking per day in 5-15 min spurts. I’m not sure this really counts because it’s not like I’m pushing myself extremely hard or doing it for long periods of time.

Also, as I lose weight, I do hope to be more active. But with how exhausted I get when doing “low-intensity” cardio, I don’t see that as being an option yet.

Does anyone have any tips? Is this enough? Is there anything I should add into my routine to help me get more active?

submitted by /u/carmy00
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/34EUY2j

No comments:

Post a Comment