Friday, May 8, 2020

A change in fat distribution after 100lb weight loss or loose skin? (pictures included)

Hi all,

A quick summary of my journey before I explain my current issue.

I'm female, 5'4 and 27 years old. Up until the age of 20 I weighed between 130-140lbs. I had a flat stomach as I carried the majority of my weight in my thighs and hips. I never did any type of exercise apart from light walking throughout the day.

I gained 110lbs over the next 5 years. It wasn't until I reached around 170 that my belly started to become visibly big/fat. The first 30lbs went all to my thighs/love handles. My highest weight was 250lbs. The jump from 140 to 190 was fast then I maintained for 2 years, then the jump from 190 to 220 was fast, again I maintained for a year or so and then I jumped from 220 to 250 really quickly (4-5 months). I stayed at 250 for 2 weeks before I started to lose weight.

I started my weight loss journey just 3 days before my 26th birthday and from then I have lost exactly 100lbs. It has taken me 17 months and I currently weigh 150lbs. I am 5lbs overweight but considering I started out as 105lbs overweight, I am delighted with my progress. I achieved it through CICO - a low calorie diet and I workout every single day. I have exercised from day 1 of my journey, it's been mainly cardio and some strength training (I am very inconsistent with lifting to be completely honest).

However, I am very surprised at how different my body is compared to the last time I was this weight. my thighs are much smaller but I am carrying a lot more fat in my belly. I am wearing the same clothing size but my body looks so different.

I thought I got lucky and had no loose skin but I am starting to think maybe I do on my stomach. To the eye it may look 'loose' but to touch, it feels full? I can grab a handful and it feels like its 'filled' - if that makes sense? I had included pictures in the link below.

Full stomach: https://imgur.com/a/mj8paOH

Close up of 'line' and texture on stomach: https://imgur.com/a/pNXpHoW

I am still 20lbs away from my goal and I still have fat to lose but I guess what I want to know is that can your fat distribution completely change after weight loss? or in my case, does this look like an issue of loose skin?

I know the only way to target belly fat is to continue on with my calorie deficit as you can't spot reduce but does anyone have any additional tips to perhaps make that area look a little better?

Edit: the skin actually sometimes feels like there are marbles under it! parts of my lower belly feel full and others feel lumpy... it's strange!

submitted by /u/Stellaxbo
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2YIwViE

No comments:

Post a Comment