Tuesday, September 15, 2020

Building healthy habits

In weight loss/becoming more healthy there are short term ways to lose weight, and long term ways (in my opinion). Short term, week to week, calorie deficit is the way to go. Full stop. But, we can't ignore the long term effects of building those healthier habits.

Example - I'm going on a road trip starting Friday to visit a friend in another state for a week. Usually, when preparing for a trip I would have a mindset this week of "oh I'm only here 4 days, doesn't make sense to cook, I'll just order in each night. The next week+ is blown anyway since I'll be gone."

Instead, I have a mindset of "I'll cook and be healthy before the trip so I'm set up for success and can splurge a bit while I'm there." I'm also bringing workout clothes and plan to do at least a few 30 minute workouts, and plan to not lose control and keep myself in check without being super restrictive.

That change in mindset is MASSIVE. Because instead of gaining weight while I'm gone, maybe I'll maintain. And those habits will play off majorly when you add them all together.

Just thought I'd share!

submitted by /u/pittielove2464
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/35Bu1zG

No comments:

Post a Comment