Thursday, September 17, 2020

Former athletes, how has your sports background helped or hurt your weight loss journey?

As many former athletes know, sports "retirement" can cause quite the reality check physique-wise. The principles you take away from it either create good habits or bad habits. As a former college football player, I viewed the aftereffects of my athletic career as a double-edged sword.

Football instilled in me a solid work ethic & the value of diet/exercise. Because of this, I'm down about 120-pounds from my 300-pound "playing weight". On the downside, the high-calorie intake I endured for 8+ years caused a tough habit to break. I still struggle with overeating and even overtraining, due to the life I used to live as an athlete.

Has your sports background negatively or positively effected your weight loss journey?

submitted by /u/HammerheadHurricane
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3iL0nM4

No comments:

Post a Comment