Sunday, September 6, 2020

Hold me accountable for my first 90 days of losing 30lbs

Hello!

I am trying something new and am going to hold myself publicly accountable. Here's my stats:

5'5 45y F, 160 ish pounds:

Here's my story

I've been trying to lose 20-30 pounds for a decade. I could write a book on healthy eating I read so much about it, but like many people, I tend try to try something new every other week and never follow through: Whole30, How not to Diet, Intermittent Fasting, Couch25k, Yoga with Adrienne's 30 Days, weight training. And honestly, all of them will work well if you are consistent. And I'm never consistent.

But at the end of the day I know what works regardless of what new thing I'm trying - which is not eating as much and moving more. And recently I've read some books like Atomic Habits and the 12 Week Year, both of which have helped me a lot at work, and I think I can apply these principles to weight loss too, with some public accountability help.

So, here are my two goals:

  1. Log my food every day in LoseIt
  2. Close my Move Ring in my Apple Watch every day

That's it. I'll update this thread daily between now and Thanksgiving.

(Oh, and seriously, ask me anything about these books I've referenced above! I've read everything on this topic and have tried them all. Most of them work if you stick to them. )

Also, I am not planning to lose all 30 pounds in 90 days. Getting below 150 would be a great early win for me this round. Slow and steady also wins the race.

submitted by /u/kac035
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2ZbXmfQ

No comments:

Post a Comment