Tuesday, September 1, 2020

I exercised (almost) every day for a whole month

(Sorry for formatting, am on mobile.)

http://imgur.com/gallery/AEZGK20

26F, ED survivor, been overweight my whole life. I lost 30+ lbs a couple of years ago, gained the few I lost with the ED back, and maintained for a long time. I didn't ever feel mentally healthy enough to go on a weight loss journey again, especially because the one where I lost 30 lbs I ended up with bulimia.

I started August thinking I would get to the best shape of my life. I've improved a lot physically and mentally. I've been exercising 2-3 days a week since January but it has always been 15 minutes tops. So this time I had goals: follow challenges, keep workouts longer than 20 minutes, and improve as much as possible. And I've succeeded!

Except for the days where I wasn't doing well mentally or physically (I'm VitD deficient and haven't been using my supplements, so that shows) or I had another responsibility, I exercised for at least 10 minutes (and usually longer) every day. I'm so proud of myself! Never thought this was possible.

I've also not given into any ED urges and I've been pretty stable. The bad thoughts knock on the door after I eat but I'm able to dodge the urges quite easily. For someone who's been struggling for years, that's a really big achievement. I'm eating 2 times a day with family, trying not to eat sugar but I do a little bit if I feel the need to, and it's like an accidental IF since I don't eat after dinner.

Since the beginning of the month I lost 10 lbs, some of it water weight, lost 4 inches off my body, and I'm actually able to hold myself up for 10 seconds on a pull up bar AND lift my knees up to my stomach. Guys, I wasn't able to pull myself up, let alone actually hold on for 10 seconds. I was stuck on the ground. Since I was a kid. I could never play on monkey bars because I had no muscle and a lot of fat.

I'm just so proud of myself about everything I've achieved so far and I really wanted to share. I've come to learn that success doesn't come from luck or extreme work - it comes from consistency and that especially goes for our bodies. For once in my life I'm actually celebrating what my body can achieve instead of hating what it looks like, and it feels fucking amazing.

submitted by /u/vixissitude
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/34T1B3G

No comments:

Post a Comment