Tuesday, September 1, 2020

First day of my diet! This is a post for accountability. Any advice for first-timer?

I’ve been lurking around this subreddit for a long time and I’m always so inspired by everyone’s honesty and success stories. I keep seeing posts where people say they’re posting for accountability as they start their weight loss journeys. And, y’know, I finally think I’m ready to join in.

I’m 25 F and I currently weigh 170lbs. I’m about 5’5 in height, so I’m well into the ‘overweight’ category on my BMI chart. I’ve just finished my grad school programme. I realised the other day that my lifestyle is almost completely sedentary. For the past few months, I have just been sitting at my desk writing and researching. I’ve also been ordering in pizzas because I’ve been too lazy to cook. I knew I’d put on weight over the course of the year, but it was still a shock to finally step on the scales this morning to take my starting weight.

I’ve never done CICO before, but I’ve put my stats into MFP and it’s recommended 1200 cals per day. I’m guessing this is pretty standard? I’m going to aim for that anyway, and try to get at least 5k steps in everyday. I used to like running when I was a teenager, but maybe I should wait before starting that again?

I would be really grateful for any advice for a first-timer. I have been thinking about trying to incorporate some intermittent fasting as well. Anyway! I will stop rambling. Thank you for reading, if you did!

(And I have a bit of a migraine atm so apologies if the wording is a little weird at times - I find it hard to express myself!)

submitted by /u/jomatojuice
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3gNRgbR

No comments:

Post a Comment