Friday, September 11, 2020

NSV: I can feel my knuckles!

23F 5'3 SW: 204/CW: 177/GW: 150

For context, I started my weight loss journey at the beginning of July when I moved home from college. I started walking at least 5 miles every day, splitting it up in the mornings alone (listening to podcasts) and again at night with family. Nowadays, I can walk 7 miles in one go (and often do!), though with fires burning here, I opt for Youtube workouts on days that air quality is bad.

For a while, I didn't notice the weight loss around my stomach and felt discouraged, but that's the last place my body has decided to get rid of. Last night, I was laying in bed trying to fall asleep when I clasped my hands and noticed... bones. I could feel the knuckles protruding from my fist! Before, my hands were large blobs. One comment from long ago stuck with me in this moment when I was in bed: "you don't even have knuckles." I could not stop smiling to myself in the dark. It's unfamiliar when I accidentally knock my hand on something and it hurts, as opposed to having the excess hand fat shield me from injury.

I feel so good about myself these days and can't wait to continue working! If you're in the same place I was (not seeing "progress" for months), keep going. I guarantee you it is happening!

submitted by /u/crocslite
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3mfbwqr

No comments:

Post a Comment