Saturday, March 20, 2021

Being asked to be a bridesmaid is giving me more motivation than I've ever had

And I'm grateful for the motivation, but it's also kind of a bummer. Why is the fear of being the chubbiest bridesmaid at an event and in the countless photos that are going to be taken the thing that did it?

I was asked to be a bridesmaid for the first time, for a wedding planned for late August, and somehow I've finally been able to lose weight steadily AND keep it off. For my height (5'1") I really have to watch it and don't have much wiggle room in terms of BMI. This is mostly about how I've never liked how I look in photos since high school. And I know my friend and the rest of her bridesmaids are all pretty skinny. I just want to be able to look at these photos and remember this happy memory instead of avoiding looking at them because I'm unhappy with how I look.

I hope that these months of weight loss make these better eating & exercising habits easier for after the wedding, when I don't have one very superficial goal/reason to keep it off!

Good news though, my superficiality is working out for me lol - I'm already down 8 lbs! I guess whatever works...

submitted by /u/100FootSiphonophore
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/390ssMs

No comments:

Post a Comment