Thursday, March 18, 2021

[Century Club] March 18, 2021 - Have you lost or need to lose 100 lbs or more? Here’s a thread just for you!

I have often welcomed those who have lost 100+ lbs (~ 50 kg , ~7 stone) to “the club” and joked that club meetings were on Thursdays. I recently suggested that we try out having a regular weekly thread to talk about issues that are particular to those who have lost 100+ lbs, those who are well on their way and those who are just at the beginning of a journey this big.

Welcome back to the Century Club! Each week I will provide a topic of the day that has been on my mind or inspired by previous posts. However you are free to talk about any topics you think might be relevant to current and prospective club members.

Previous Topics: Seasonal changes - Is it worth it? - Surprising Food Facts - Mistakes were made - Time to Vent - Relief Valves - Seeing Objectively - Tips you hate - Fear and Self-Loathing - Starting - 2020 recap


Today's topic: Milestones

The Century Club celebrates its own century related milestone today. It has been 300 days since I posted the first Century Club thread. Yay! What a strange 300 days it has been!

I also just had my annual routine physical yesterday and looking back over my last year's worth of weight data, I've been in a band of 153-160 lbs and under 20% body fat for a whole year. So, another milestone down! One full official year of maintenance around 160 lbs in the books.

The next milestone I'm looking to complete is my run/walk mileage goal for the 2021. Last year I made it to 1020 km in November starting from sometime in April. This year so far I'm averaging 28 km/week and am thus on track to complete it by September 1 and I'll probably beat that as the weather continues to improve. I'd like to see 1500 km for the whole year.

It's Day 1130 for me in MFP, so 1500 is only a year and five days away! So late next March will be another time to reflect and look back at another year of maintenance (just staying under 165/20% body fat will be a major victory) and another year of logging my food in MFP. I would not mind gaining some weight as long as it's muscle rather than fat, and so I'm slowly getting back into some limited strength training.

From this post last night: https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/m78kb3/i_dont_know_who_needs_to_read_this_today_but_you/

Findings from the registry suggest six key strategies for long-term success at weight loss: 1. engaging in high levels of physical activity; 2. eating a diet that is low in calories and fat; 3. eating breakfast; 4. self-monitoring weight on a regular basis; 5. maintaining a consistent eating pattern; and 6. catching “slips” before they turn into larger regains.

All but #2 resonate quite well with me. I don't find restricting fat to work for me, nor do I eat a low calorie diet. In fact, coupled with #1 I probably eat higher calories today than when I was heavier and sedentary. It's all about hitting the appropriate calorie and fat level to maintain the streak. The rest of these are all about the habits and the streaks that translate into time/repetition based milestones. How long can you keep up a routine. How consistent can you keep it?

So, Centurion, have you celebrated any milestones recently? Any milestones coming up that you are working towards? Is there anything particular that you like to do that helps you work towards a milestone?

Finally, as we go into the next 300 days, is there anything that you think we haven't discussed in the past 43 weeks that we should have covered? We have covered a wide range of topics, but I'm not sure that I haven't completely missed something one of you think is particularly relevant.

submitted by /u/SmilingJaguar
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3eNhzS2

No comments:

Post a Comment