Friday, March 19, 2021

"If i looked like you i would exercise everyday"

I saw the post by skinnycap1 and wanted to share my exerience with random rudeness because of my size. I(26F at the time) remember two semesters ago i was catching the elevator to my room. Admittedly it was on the 2nd floor and we were in the basement so not the most strenuous walk but i had already spent all day walking around campus and just didn't feel like walking the two flights that day.

I was with two male friends (i thought) and one of them gave me a look and asked if i lived on the 2nd floor so i said yea. And I'll never forget he said. 'If i looked like you I'd exercise everyday"

It was such a random thing that had nothing to do with what we were previously talking about and he doesn't speak english natively and in the past he had mixed up words before, so i just assumed i heard something wrong and asked him what he meant.

"It's not clear?" Looks me up and down "i mean if i looked like you i would exercise everyday"

Me and the other friend were flumoxed at first and the other friend jumped to my defense saying it was unnecessary to say that but he just said some variation of "I'm just being truthful" and "she's not my type"

By then i was mad because you don't have to like my size, it's totally ok to think I'm not attractive, but i never expressed interest in him, never asked for his opinion, and never brought up my size to him. On top of that at that point i had lost almost 20kg by then, so i just shot back with. "That was unnecessary. I think your hair looks like crap but i didn't feel the need to tell you without you asking". Perhaps random and a cheapshot, but i wanted to make a point and seeing his offended look i saw he atleast knew how i felt in the moment about random criticism. The next day he tried to apologize... By following me alone in a stairway and grabbing my wrist.

After that he slowly alienated himself from everyone in the lab and I'm still on my weight loss journey.

submitted by /u/Draamaaa
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/312EFMe

No comments:

Post a Comment