Friday, March 19, 2021

I’m so tired of doing this

Hello all,

First time poster, long time lurker here!

I have been losing and gaining weight for what feels like my entire adult life, and I’m so tired. I’ll spare you all of the details, but most recently, I had lost about 50 pounds through WW (I hope mentioning the program by name is allowed!). This program has always been successful for me for weight loss, but I’ve never been able to maintain weight loss. I’m always either losing or gaining; staying one weight for an extended period of time is a complete mystery to me. Anyway, by 10/2019, I had lost just over 50 pounds, and I had about 30 left to go to get to my goal weight. A bunch of stuff happened re:illnesses and deaths in my family, but I only regained about 8 pounds which was actually not too bad for me. I was still exercising daily for at least 30 minutes, but also stress eating. I was just getting back on track when the pandemic shut everything down, and I lost the gym, my meetings and the ability to freely shop and get what I needed (just like everyone else did). But even then, I at least only regained a few pounds.

But the last few months have been off the rails. I’ve gained almost 15 pounds since thanksgiving, and I feel like I’m floundering. I’ve reached a good place mentally with my weight, and I really really just want to get healthy. My goal weight is 135 (I’m 5’2”) and I’m back to having over 50 pounds to lose.

It just feels so overwhelming and I guess I’m posting here to get some support and ideas for how to change things up.

I’m so tired of having to think about food and what I’m eating ALL THE TIME. I know that this is going to be the rest of my life, and I wish I could find something that didn’t feel like so much work, you know?

Anyway, I’m hoping that putting something out in the universe to internet strangers might help me stay a bit more accountable to myself. Thanks for all of the posts and advice you guys offer, and I’ll keep trying. Even if I just want to fall asleep in a giant burrito ❤️

submitted by /u/itsDOCTORcatlady
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3vCpYOh

No comments:

Post a Comment