Monday, March 15, 2021

Keep yourself in mind

So, I'm currently on my second weight loss journey. The first time around I did Weight watchers and ended up losing 130 pounds. I ended up in a couple of bad relationships and found that the comfort I always turned to was food. I gained about 70 pounds of the weight back.

Today marks the day that I'm back in the overweight category. I've had a couple slip ups here and there. Not measuring things with a scale was a problem. This though, I didn't think that I was going to just sit down and hate everything about myself by overeating for a day. Instead, I just went okay. I'm going to stay on track tomorrow. Then I did. I didn't try to burn off all the extra calories I ate. I didn't try to fast hardcore to make sure I burned all of them off. I just accepted my flawed self and kept going.

That had been one of the biggest problems I had with my first journey. I lost 130 pounds out of sheer unadulterated hatred of myself. It wasn't healthy and it wasn't good for me at all. It didn't fix my self esteem issues and it sure as heck didn't fix my life.

This time I'm doing it out of self love. I'm trying my best to accept myself for who I am and find what makes me uniquely me. It's highly emotional and horrifically cliche, but it's true. As all of you keep going for your own reasons make sure that you end up getting the help you need for what got you there in the first place. Sometimes it's a simple fix and other times it requires therapy. But take it from me, find the root of your problem and do your best to find out to soothe it.

Thank y'all for being such a wonderful community. I take a lot of solace in the posts on here.

submitted by /u/Fantastic_Mongoose_2
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2Q7mT8y

No comments:

Post a Comment