Sunday, March 14, 2021

Needing a Little Encouragement

So I weighed myself today...

I do a weekly weigh-in and have been trying to keep my expectations in check so I don't lose my focus and motivation, but weight loss has definitely felt like a pretty slow process to me. I know everyone is different and some lose faster than others, but I still can't help but feel like I must be doing something wrong, or I'm not working hard enough, especially when I see some other people lose weight so quickly.

In any case, I'm down 1.2lbs this week. I know this is still progress, I know I should be proud, but I'm not... I'm just disappointed. This was by far the best, most consistent week I've had for staying in my calories and yet I haven't lost more than I usually do. In fact, I've had worse weeks where I've lost more. I'm also well over 230lbs, so losing weight at this stage should be much easier, and yet everything is so slow...

Worst of all, I did my waist and hip measurements today and apparently my hips are up by an inch... How is this even possible? My waist is evidently down by half an inch, which to me is even more confusing,

I don't know what I'm doing wrong, I don't know if maybe I just measured myself incorrectly or if I'm just not trying hard enough, but I'm feeling so deflated and discouraged...

I'm just looking for some perspective because I definitely feel like I'm too in my own head to draw a clear conclusion, and I don't want to give up just because things aren't going perfectly the way I want them to right now.

submitted by /u/Shayzy93
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/38CPKbk

No comments:

Post a Comment