Monday, March 22, 2021

Realizing how mathematical losing weight is, has give me so much hope! I feel totally in control, knowing I can literally calculate how much weight I’ve lost and it be accurate. 😊😊

Realizing how mathematical losing weight is, has give me so much hope! I feel totally in control, knowing I can literally calculate how much weight I’ve lost and it be accurate. 😊😊

So when I first started looking into weight loss advice, years ago, I would always get discouraged within 5 minutes of searching Google. I would find random forums (outside of Reddit) where people who were unnaturally muscular in their profile icon, would post things like “LosiNG WEiGht isN’t rOCkEt SciEnCe” 🥴 “Just count your macros and have a calorie deficit, duh.”

Not knowing what any of that meant, I would literally roll my eyes SO hard. I felt like they were over simplifying it all, that it’s no way I can control my weight. I figured whatever they were talking about was likely too difficult for me to commit to.

In current day, I’ve discovered so many helpful subreddits. People are so good about explaining things in lamest terms. I’ve been doing CICO, using the Lose it app, IF of 16:8/18:6, and keeping my carbs low. I’ve bought a food scale for accuracy of servings. I wear my Apple Watch every day now, solely to track how active I’m being.

The other day I decided, to put my knowledge to the test and calculate what my deficit would have been since I started my journey in mid-January based on the tracking within the Lose it app. I couldn’t believe me eyes!! What I calculated in my deficit, was around 23 lbs and guess what?! I’m actually currently down 22 lbs. THE MATH WAS RIGHT!!! Give or take a pound, the math was freaking right!!!

I’ve never felt so in control in my life. Knowing that there’s a science behind what I’m doing, and that I can literally calculate what I’ve lost shows that all of this working. I feel like I have some sort of super power all of a sudden 🤣.

Though all of those condescending people on the forums I use to read definitely could change their delivery, I can totally agree now that it doesn’t feel like rocket science anymore. It’s no secret elixir I can drink, no magic involved, I can lose weight if I’m discipline enough to have a healthy deficit, while burning more calories than I eat. Not only that, but I have insight to exactly how much weight I can potentially lose over time.

I know this is probably not a big deal to most, but I just feel so seen, so validated that I’m doing this journey right finally! And I’m just so thankful for this subreddit and all the others for making weight loss so obtainable. 🤗

submitted by /u/Melanated725
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3949tRq

No comments:

Post a Comment