Sunday, July 11, 2021

How do I know I've reached my goal weight?

Hi Everyone,

So I (25F) started my journey in early 2020 (5'4"/164 cm, 173lbs/78.6 kgs). I've had plateaus and slow losses throughout the period, but the last 2-3 months I really kicked it up a notch (more free time, less demanding work). I'm currently about 131lbs/59.5kgs, and a big thanks to this lovely community and all your inspiring posts!

My question is, how do I know I've reached my goal weight? I started out with an aim to be 55kgs/120lbs but that was more like an approximate number I chose because it sounded cool and seemed like a healthy BMI. While I'm not there yet, my family feels like I should stop losing and just work on maintaining because i might look "too thin" at that weight. But then again, they also said I looked "perfectly fine" when I started out my journey so I don't know if I should believe them :)

I quite honestly feel like I do have a couple of more kilos to go, but I'm not sure how much of it is rational and how much could just be some form of body dysmorphia. I've already started strength training a couple of weeks ago, but feel like I should continue being on a deficit for at least another month or two.

Would love to hear from people who ended/are close to ending their weight loss journey and what made them feel like they were "done" and could start maintaining?

submitted by /u/hellobaddecisions
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3ea335w

No comments:

Post a Comment