Sunday, March 24, 2019

Friend is judging weight loss

I’m wondering if anyone has experienced friends subtly or not-so-subtly conveying their disapproval of your weight loss/fitness journey.

My friend has expressed concern about my weight loss even though I have assured her it’s all healthy, monitored by a doctor and I have plenty of checks and balances to ensure I’m getting proper nutrition and not overdoing it.

Now she has been posting articles about weight loss not sticking and how common it is for people to gain back the weight and kind of equating it with fat phobia.

Though it wasn’t directed at me explicitly I feel kinda psyched out by the whole thing and now I keep seeing everything I do through that judgemental lens. I feel super demoralized and like my efforts are being belittled.

I went from being obese, extremely sedentary with a doozie of a drinking problem to being the healthiest I’ve ever been, not just physically but also in relationships and in terms of mental health so it’s hard for me to see how anyone could turn this into a bad thing.

ANYWAY has anyone else experienced this? How do you cope? Do you have ways of getting other people’s voices out of your head and sticking to what you know is good for you?

submitted by /u/foxgloves3
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2uzxLy5

No comments:

Post a Comment