Saturday, March 2, 2019

Today I had my full circle moment..

So when I left town for university I Was working part time in an vetting agency. Around my final year of highschool was when I was starting to gain weight, but I really started packing it on when I was in university. When I came back to my hometown for a visit my boss asked me to fill in a few shifts at my old work. I did and had a Chinese customer who didn’t speak a word of English come up to me with his translator app to tell me I had gotten fat.

At the time I laughed and laughed (he probably was being a dick because I’d missed his bet he wanted to put on, I didn’t take it to heart) but it stung a little. Cue to my family starting to make comments, friends, my doctors. Eventually I hit an obese bmi. Nothing seemed to really sink in until one day I decided to take my diet seriously and start working out. It’s been over a year since my interaction with that customer, I live in my hometown again and have decided to go back to study after working full time- so I’m back at my old part time job. Ive gone from 87 kgs to 64, it’s noticeable to those close to me but I don’t expect others to notice.

Last night I was working and the same Chinese customer came in. When he saw me he started shouting (happily) in Chinese (don’t know which dialect sorry) and then pulled out his translator app to tell me I was skinny! When I thanked him he used the app to tell me again it was the best I’ve looked, gave me a thumbs up and walked off to examine the odds for that day. My family have been commenting on my weight loss for ages, Same with friends and coworkers but for some reason this customers comments make me feel like I’ve really hit a full circle. I’m not at my goal weight yet but I’ve changed enough that it excites others! Not just myself!

So I guess moral of the story is keep going guys, eventually you’ll get this weird feeling of closure/full circle moment and it’s the best thing ever.

For the record I used CICO to lose the weight, 1200 initially, now I’m probably closer to 1300 as I’m not tracking as closely. I also workout nearly everyday be it cardio or weights :)

submitted by /u/sgrace2298
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2IMCypu

No comments:

Post a Comment