Saturday, May 9, 2020

ADHD meds and weight...

I was 155lbs some time ago- I can’t even keep track of time anymore because I’m a slow loser... it took me a looooong time to start down my weight loss journey. I’m currently at 122lbs. I’ve been in therapy for a while for anxiety and an episode of depression (which has thankfully resolved for now), and I’m in a good place! I think my weight loss helped me to feel more optimistic about myself too!

More recently, I was diagnosed with ADHD as an adult. Apparently, my eating habits may have been associated with this disorder (along with anxiety and depression). Impulsivity in ADHD is linked to binge eating. Knowing all of this obviously doesn’t change the fact that I was able to lose weight, unmedicated (though, very very slowly), but it explains so much about my habits, my lifestyle, and the areas of my life I need to develop more compassion for!

I’ll be starting on medication very soon and I’m afraid of becoming reliant on the hunger suppressant side effects, and gaining all the weight back when I stop my meds (which I plan to do after quarantine). Anyone else successfully stop taking their meds without bouncing back and then some in weight?

submitted by /u/BeginningGlove
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2YNxyY5

No comments:

Post a Comment