Tuesday, May 5, 2020

Dad Wont Track Things

Hello all

So this post is about my dad. He's 6'1, 68, and I'm not too sure on his weight but we know he needs to lose 50-80lb to lower his blood pressure and extend his life, maybe even a hundred pounds.
My whole family is on a weight loss journey but all three of us have different methods. My stepmom is using weight watchers and it's working for her so far. I've always tracked my calories with mfp. But then there's my dad. He eats healthy majority of the day (eggs, cabbage, and corned beef for breakfast, big salad for lunch, whatever we cook for dinner), but then he'll snack on almonds, chocolate almonds, peanut butter and a banana, all night. He thinks it's ok for the most part since they are considered healthy, but we've tried to show him that the servings are extremely high calorie.

He understands but he has yet to quit, and he doesn't want to track calories with a food scale/mfp. I also don't think weight watchers would be too good for him since he'd fit in 0 point foods that are higher calorie. He's lost weight since we've started this, but it's slow and goes up and down a lot more than we believe it should be. Since it's life and death.

I know I can't change someone who wouldn't want to, but I feel as though he's starting to be more open to different methods. Would anyone have any advice to get him to quit snacking like that?

submitted by /u/SharkyShoob
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2YxHK78

No comments:

Post a Comment