Tuesday, May 5, 2020

How much do rest days affect weight loss?

For context, I cycle to work at least four days a week. It’s a 9km journey that I can now do in around 20 minutes, and my job as a welder is pretty physical, so my exercise levels are fine (around 3500 calories a day, according to my phone, however accurate that is).

Similarly, my diet is mostly ok. I don’t count calories, but I’m reasonably sensible, I don’t snack during the day and can’t really drink too much on my ADHD meds.

So here’s the thing; if I weigh on a Monday after a weekend where my diet is theoretical at best, I’ll have lost weight over my last weigh in the previous Thursday. Why? I don’t exercise much over the weekend, and if I do drink, that’ll be when. Then, by the following Thursday I’ll have regained some of the weight, only for it to fall off again (and a bit more) over the weekend.

Can anyone explain the physics of this to me, because it makes very little sense. How do I lose weight during the days when I don’t really follow my diet and exercise plan?

submitted by /u/DJDarren
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2SF5baZ

No comments:

Post a Comment